Follow

Saturday 28 April 2012

Well today is a good day

So got up this morning and decided to test out my new achilles strap to see if I could manage a run and to my absolute amazement I could. That means I can do some running during the week which is good.

I'm so relieved. Turns out my random internet shopping on return2fitness was worthwhile.

Also today I have reached over 4 weeks without any smoking or nicotine. I even got a certificate from Smokefree Doncaster. Check me out.



The only reason I think I have found it so easy (this time) is because something from Allen Carr must have stuck in my head before I started taking Champix. I really have had no cravings.  I have had the occasional bout of short temperedness but thanks to my wife for supporting me.

I ordered some new bike tyres as well. Some Schwalbe Ultremo ZX in red to match my bike and damn they look amazing when fitted.



Think I'm going to leave these off for a while as they don't look very hard wearing and I don't want to have to spend £62 replacing them. May leave them until the month before my triathlon. There are mixed reviews on the internet as well, which is just compounding my worries. What to do?

Tomorrow the forecast is for heavy rain so I think it will be another turbo trainer session. May even try to brick it with a little jog afterwards to see if my achilles is really better.

The achilles strap that I have seems to stretch out my tendon which means no pain on running. You have no idea how relieved I am about this. I was really worried that I would have to walk the run leg of my triathlon which would mean that I would have to smash the times for my swim and bike if I was going to stick to my target time of between 3 and a half to four hours.

Please sponsor me on my Justgiving page. There are 21 weeks to go and I still need £580 in sponsorship to get on the start line. That means I need nearly £30 a week in sponsorship.

Thanks for reading,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment