Follow

Sunday 26 February 2012

Reason for no blogging

Sorry for not blogging in over a week. It's been hectic at work and I haven't had any time to do any training until this weekend. The reason is I've transferred to a new site in central London. I went with good intentions and managed to find a hotel with a pool but leaving at 06:30 and not getting in until 19:30 made me too tired to contemplate swimming given I was really hungry when I got back.

I did a little training in walking about 4 miles on Wednesday (to and from the tubes on the way to work)

This week I'm back in my old hotel so will be aiming to do some swimming.

Still can't run though. HARUMPH!

Someone who I have grown to know during the last two years, the Great Britain C2 athlete Etienne Stott has recommended a book to me which I am thinking of downloading for my Kindle. The book in question is The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness by Dr Steven Peters. Etienne recommended this book as we were talking about the Olympic selections and I thought it would be a big deal and was therefore scared by proxy as I want them (him and Tim Baillie) to qualify for the Games as I know them. I think this book will help me in my dream of completing the triathlon in September.


Went to pick up my bike yesterday and what can I say I bloody LOVE it. See picture below.


The new bike.
It weighs in at a paltry 10.6kg which I am amazed by. Had a few teething problems with my gearing but I have managed to fix this. Also built my turbo trainer and it is deployed in the back bedroom. The wife says it sound like an airplane is taking off when I'm on it.


Did some light training on my turbo trainer as well as two bike rides this weekend. Can't wait until next weekend so I can get back out on my bike. Really enjoying it.

Definitely going to have to purchase some SPD pedals and shoes for the bike as I can't get my trainers into the pedal clips that are on the bike at present which wouldn't be good for the tri.

Think I'll stick with some pedals and shoes by Shimano as they seem to be the market leader. Going to have to do some research though as I know nothing about SPD's.

Remember you can sponsor at the following address. http://www.justgiving.com/smoker2triathlete

Thanks for reading.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment